New Lounger
    Thanks
    I uninstalled Secunia because I was having problems with it some time ago and when I downloaded it recently, I got error messages telling me that it didn't recognize the security certificate. I downloaded anyway from CNet and then I got the same error message and it won't run. Do I have a pirate copy or can I safely work around? If so, how, please?

Thanks
    I think Secunia PSI is trying to connect back to a Secunia web site, and that is where the error is arising. In that case, this thread from the Secunia forums might help: PSI Certificate issue. Please report back on whether that works.

(The implications of not checking for certificate revocation are that it reduces your security, so if there is a better workaround, it would be nice to find it.)

Thanks
    Try downloading it from the Secunia site, rather than some othersite.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried adding the Thawte Certification, I tried unchecking the certification process. Neither approach worked with Firefox. I also get an error message when downloading saying: Has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify compatibility with Windows XP. I used it with ease at one time so I guess it is possible the upgrade of Secunia won't work with XP. I also downloaded from the Secunia site as one post suggested. Thank you sincerely for your efforts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Burgess View Post
    I tried adding the Thawte Certification, I tried unchecking the certification process. Neither approach worked with Firefox.
    I don't think you make the change in Firefox; I think you have to make the change in IE. Even if you do not use IE, software on your computer may use IE (or some components of IE) when it wants to communicate to the web.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for all your suggestions. I suspect some security software is stopping Secunia from connecting and have temporarily disconnected Norton firewall and Intrusion Prevention and Spyware Doctor. So far-no luck.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hmmm, just happened to me on two machines, one running Windows 7 and the other XP, different security the Eset Suite on Win7 and AVG free with windows firewall on the other. Other than IE 8 they have little in common, the XP box is a spare I keep around to loan to people when I'm repairing theirs so it's barely used. I suspect a Windows Update, but have no idea which one. Both PCs have been happily running PSI for months. The only other thing I can think of is the router, but I've done nothing to change the settings there in a while. I guess the easiest thing to do is swap out the Linksys for either the Netgear or D-Link I keep as spares. I'll do that and report back.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, I forgot to post back, I switched to a DLink DIR 655 from the Linksys WRT310n V2 that I had been using.

It may still be a conflict between Linksys & a recent Windows Update, but it works just fine on the DLink. I'll stick with the DLink anyway for now, I was getting fed up with the Linksys's "South Parking" anyway. If it wasn't such a PITA I'd check my Netgear also, but I have horrendous cable tangle.