Star Lounger
    Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    I'm trying to load a run-time Access XP application created with Office XP Developer Edition on Win XP SP3. Clicking setup.exe leads to the message 'Office System Pack cannot be installed because it requires Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack'. Having got over the shock of a reference to Windoews NT, I downloaded said service pack and ran it. My active drive is D: but it tried to load to C:\temp without the option to change location. The file ran and fellover at the end with 'The procedure entry point setupapi.CM_Disable_DevNode could not be located in the dynamic link library CFMGR32.dll'. I'm not a developer and am out of my depth!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roger trigg View Post
    I'm trying to load a run-time Access XP application created with Office XP Developer Edition on Win XP SP3. Clicking setup.exe leads to the message 'Office System Pack cannot be installed because it requires Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack'. Having got over the shock of a reference to Windoews NT, I downloaded said service pack and ran it. My active drive is D: but it tried to load to C:\temp without the option to change location. The file ran and fellover at the end with 'The procedure entry point setupapi.CM_Disable_DevNode could not be located in the dynamic link library CFMGR32.dll'. I'm not a developer and am out of my depth!
    I have no idea how to resolve your problem. However, you might try to download the Access2007 runtime from the Microsoft website. I've had very good luck using it, even with Access2003 databases.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roger,

I've been using XP Dev for years with great success. You might try running the Windows Component Update disc that comes as part of XP Dev before creating the distribution package to solve your problem. I remember having this issue a few years back.
    But don't waste any more time with XP Developer distritbution, since I started using 2007 to package and distribute I'll never look back. Even developing in XP, then converting the mdb to an mde, I now use 2007 to distribute. It is just soooo much better.

Handles OCXs and other inclusions better.And so much easier to distribute as your clients can download and install the runtime directly from the MS website.

There is just one bug that had me stumped for a while. If you run Access XP then return to 2007 the developer option disapears from the office menu.

To find it again you need to goto Access Options.Addins select and recheck Developer extentions.

Star Lounger
    Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    Hi Kentg
    Thanks for the tips! Guess I'll have to upgrade.
    Roger