New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been sharing folders between Win 7-64 and XP over a home network by setting each folders share rights. But how can I set the entire drive(J) to share WITHOUT setting each and every folder one at a time?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    I have been sharing folders between Win 7-64 and XP over a home network by setting each folders share rights. But how can I set the entire drive(J) to share WITHOUT setting each and every folder one at a time?

Hi and welcome

just right click the drive>properites>sharing>advanced>Add share>

Let us know if that isnt helping or if you mean something different

Ken J
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ever so occasionally I get a stubborn drive that won't share with a system, seems to happen more with the USB-powered portables, my solution has been to create one master share folder and give it the name of the drive, and then just drag any other folders to share into that folder.

If you just haven't tried it with a drive instead of a folder then its pretty straightforward as Ken mentioned. I go into the properties of the drive and set both the sharing and security at the appropriate level.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you are using Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate, there exists an administrative share per drive that has the same name as the drive, followed by a dollar sign ($), such as C$ and D$. You can connect to those shares as long as you know the admin account and password of the target machine. I use these shares all the time.