Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been fighting this problem since 3.5 with this site: www.widman.biz/English/Calculators/Graph.html.

I don't (that I know of) have the security stuff installed on these machines. the page runs in my windows vista and xp machines in IE but not firefox since 3.5. It will not run in Firefox or safari on my mac.

Can someone who has fixed it on firefox check and tell me if the graphs work or if they still get the pop-up telling you to install what is already installed?

thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Widman View Post
    I've been fighting this problem since 3.5 with this site: www.widman.biz/English/Calculators/Graph.html.
    This page says "(note: there is an error in Firefox 3.5 that will not recognize Adobe Flash Player for this graph)." Hmmm, why might that be?

This page uses a very old version (2006) of the SWFObject library to do browser and Flash version detection. I think it simply cannot handle the most recent versions correctly. The author should be encouraged to upgrade to the current version, housed here: http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/

But... what about your immediate needs? Hmmm...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Richard, It states on that web site that FF 3.5 has an error and you won't be able to see the graph.
    I used AVANT BROWSER and the graph is shown. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    This page uses a very old version (2006) of the SWFObject library to do browser and Flash version detection. I think it simply cannot handle the most recent versions correctly.
    This is confirmed by looking at how the script calculates the Flash version. For versions greater than 9.x, it calculates the version as 0 because it assumes that the version number is the one digit before the period (in my case, 10.0 r45 is read as 0).

Edit: The code I looked at is not part of SWFObject; it is custom code in the framed page.

Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    But... what about your immediate needs? Hmmm...
    This is hard to hack, it requires a lot of tricky code and I'm out of time for playing with this. If this page is important to you, I suggest you point the site's owner to this thread.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I am the site's owner, which is one of the reasons I'm concerned about it. The page is made from an Excel sheet using a program I don't remember the name of right now.

Is it possible there is an easy code fix? or do I need to find an update for the original software (which may be on my old computer).

Thanks
    Is it possible there is an easy code fix? or do I need to find an update for the original software (which may be on my old computer).
    In the file calc-graph.html, replace the table cell that is supposed to contain the chart with the following:

OLD CODE (script contents omitted):

Code:
    <td    align='left' valign='top' class='ee144'    >
    			<span style='
      position:absolute;z-index:1;margin-left:3px;margin-top:8px;width:626px;
      height:507px'>
    <script language="JavaScript"> 
    </script>
    </span>
    </td>

NEW CODE:

Code:
    <td class="ee144" align="left" valign="top">
      <div style='position:absolute;z-index:1;margin-left:3px;margin-top:8px;width:626px;height:507px'>
        <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="chart0" id="chart0" 
          data="viscosity_chart_1.swf" width="626" height="507">
          <param name="movie" value="viscosity_chart_1.swf">
          <param name="loop" value="0">
          <param name="menu" value="0">

Flash is not working</p>
        </object>
      </div>
    </td>

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help. But I'm still having trouble. I replace everything from <td to </td> with the second code, and don't get an error, but don't get the graph either.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks
    I replace everything from <td to </td> with the second code, and don't get an error, but don't get the graph either.
    What is the URL of the revised page?

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    Works for me in: IE7 and Fx3.5.9.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, I hadn't tried it on-line. it doesn't work from my desktop.

But I can't seem to figure out how to get the bottom to show. I've adjusted what I can see of heights, but don't get below about 400 on the "Y" scale. It should get down to zero plus the axis.

Thanks
    But I can't seem to figure out how to get the bottom to show. I've adjusted what I can see of heights, but don't get below about 400 on the "Y" scale. It should get down to zero plus the axis.
    Yes, I see everything including the legend with the color boxes. Does the animation appear to be stretched vertically compared with Internet Explorer, or is the space too short? Or ???

Lounger
    Thanks
    That is an interesting twist. It is great in Safari as long as I don't zoom. It cuts off like firefox if I zoom. It is cut off around 400 on the Y axis in my Firefox 3.6.3 (mac). Just chatted with my daughter and she sees it in her mac book with firefox 3.5.3, and a nephew who sees it right in IE 6, opera & chrome in Windows XP and an employee with firefox 3.5 in windows Vista and it runs. So I guess I'm 98-99%%. I wonder if it is a mac problem or a firefox problem. I've always had problems with the flash menu I had on my site on this mac book pro in firefox, but not on my wife's mac air. No one on the apple forum was ever able to help on that.

If I close safari and reopen, or go back to normal zoom, it will open right. but if I change the zoom it cuts off.

Ok, now I'm onto something, just don't know what. in Firefox if I zoom in two levels, I can see it all.