Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Hello All,
    Just a "heads up" Acronis has released an update as of April 1 (no joke) Build # 7046 for both "Plus Pack and TI 2010 Haven't tried it yet , i will post back if i find any "bugs" Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    Thanks Fred, just got the update. Happy Easter!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Perfect timing for me, as it happens.

I must be on all of their mailing lists - how do you find out about this stuff?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peterg View Post
    Perfect timing for me, as it happens.

I must be on all of their mailing lists - how do you find out about this stuff?
    peterg,
    Hello. I also, have never received a notice of an update either. ...go figure. but..... i do check in the Acronis forum all the time .http://forum.acronis.com As i am always "toasting" my "OS" i have to keep up to date . I have installed 2010 v 7046 with the "PlusPack" and have had no problems so far . (haven't done a recovery yet ) but im sure its only a matter of a few minutes....... or so before i do ! Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I am in the clouds, and am preparing to use it for the first time. It's a fussy business, and covering all the angles involves rather much. Businesses seem to like it (with T1 lines no doubt), but deciding how to play it for the ordinary user (with what I hope is enough bandwidth) is tricky.

Suggestions are welcome.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    I am in the clouds, and am preparing to use it for the first time. It's a fussy business, and covering all the angles involves rather much. Businesses seem to like it (with T1 lines no doubt), but deciding how to play it for the ordinary user (with what I hope is enough bandwidth) is tricky.

Suggestions are welcome.
    peterg,
    Hello.. I use TI Home 2010 as a basic user (no frills) I do only "full backups" and always have at least 20 or so on hand. The Previous 2010 / 6046 had some "bugs" with scheduling so i only did the on demand type of backup. (usually every few days or when i was going to try something stupid) However the new 2010 (as compared to TI-11) is "wicked" lightning fast at doing backups as well as recoveries and didn't mind the small "bugs' Now that I'm used to doing things this way don't think I'll change at this point. I love the T&D (try and decide) ....lets you do stuff that you would never dream of doing... with no "fear" Would not be without an imaging program of some kind and 2010 really works well (for me) Although i have been playing with "Clonezilla" (free whatever) mainly because of my fooling with Linux and will only image sectors with data ( TI will only do sector by sector images for Linux stuff and takes hours doing all the empty ones) Regards Fred
    PlainFred

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Fred View Post
    Hello All,
    Just a "heads up" Acronis has released an update as of April 1 (no joke) Build # 7046 for both "Plus Pack and TI 2010 Haven't tried it yet , i will post back if i find any "bugs" Regards Fred
    Purchased Acronis True Image Home 2010 upgrade back in December, 2009, caught a really good deal. I continued to use v11, which is working just fine. Was not in a big hurry to install upgrade, as I was reading a number of issues with 2010 build in December.
    Question .........
    Can I use the build #2076 install to UPGRADE from Acronis True Image 11 Home -(to)- Acronis True Image Home 2010??
    If yes, should I uninstall v11 before installing 2010 or install over the top of v11??

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Liepke View Post
    Purchased Acronis True Image Home 2010 upgrade back in December, 2009, caught a really good deal. I continued to use v11, which is working just fine. Was not in a big hurry to install upgrade, as I was reading a number of issues with 2010 build in December.
    Question .........
    Can I use the build #2076 install to UPGRADE from Acronis True Image 11 Home -(to)- Acronis True Image Home 2010??
    If yes, should I uninstall v11 before installing 2010 or install over the top of v11??
    Dennis,
    Hello.. according to Acronis you can install build 7046 / 2010 over 2010 / 6046 . Doing a search on this forum http://forum.acronis.com/forums/acro...age-home-forum might help with an answer about installing over TI-11 (two versions old) or if you do not find any answer ...just post the question. When i "upgraded" from TI-11 (latest build was 8101) to TI-2009 i did a complete "un-install " (registry as well) same with moving from 2009 to 2010. Now it seems you can upgrade over same version to the new build.so .... the short answer is i don't know.(about V-11) I have read posts on the Acronis forum about problems caused by not removing previous versions. I think if i were doing it again V-11 to 2010 i would remove all things Acronis before proceeding with the new install. Just to avoid any problems ... just make sure to do a backup with TI-11 first and be sure that you have a "recovery disk waiting in the wings" If your not sure how to do a complete removal post back and i will explain how i have done this. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have inadvertently misled readers with my question.

The T1 I referred to was intended to mean a T1 line, which is a very fast internet connection (by fibre optics, not a conventional phone line). If you look up T1 in Wikipedia you may get a breathless explanation of how fast and how expensive they are, but where I live, and to the best of my understanding, all (or most) phone lines already amount to that, and I have just converted to the allegedly-fastest carrier. I still haven't figured out how fast my new connection really is, but I am hoping it can handle sending my data to the 250 GB maximum cloud storage I have with Acronis. I certainly know how long it took for me to download a DVD's worth of data previous to this. (Incidentally, at long last USB is now available as USB 3, and that is pretty impressive.)

I thought I might hear from some ordinary users who had already tried it. For security is it a good idea to split the files and send one to Microsoft and the rest to Acronis? Is file splitting a good idea? (That would reduce uploads to manageable sizes.) If one end or the other drops the carrier or some silly thing, will it pick up where it left off? That sort of stuff.

Thanks
    The T1 I referred to was intended to mean a T1 line, which is a very fast internet connection (by fibre optics, not a conventional phone line). If you look up T1 in Wikipedia you may get a breathless explanation of how fast and how expensive they are, but where I live, and to the best of my understanding, all (or most) phone lines already amount to that, and I have just converted to the allegedly-fastest carrier. I still haven't figured out how fast my new connection really is, but I am hoping it can handle sending my data to the 250 GB maximum cloud storage I have with Acronis.
    T1 lines are, generally speaking, sold in units of 1.5 Mbps. This bandwidth is symmetric: upload and download capacity are the same. Of course, achieving the theoretical maximum is unlikely, but it's a goodly amount of capacity for ordinary data. Probably not sufficient for HDTV...

== Edit ==

Actually, you didn't say you had a T1 line, so probably the above is not relevant for you.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I used Acronis Backup for a couple of years on a homebuilt machine with XP...worked great. So when I upgraded the same machine to use Win7x64, I also upgraded to Acronis TI 2010. And that worked well for several weeks.

But then it didn't work so well. Nonstop Backup turns itself off after a few minutes. Regular backup quit working a long time ago, both images and data backups, with a failure either on the first file it finds, or far into the backup. Error messages don't say what file exactly caused the error, and the error number never shows up in their online Knowledge Base.

Finally today I went to the site to see if an update was available (just about every other software automatically reports an update available). Sure enough, Acronis had a complete update (115MB!). So I installed that. Same problems. Lots of people on their forums report the exact same problems I have.

At this point I've given up on Acronis and will look for a simpler, open source backup method. Acronis seems to run on a shoestring budget. I'm tired of proprietary software apps that work poorly...open source works way better for me.

Edit: It's not open source, but Comodo backup for home use works for me. Not as many features as ATI, but Comodo works, is free, and a very small fraction of the bloated size of ATI.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I definitely do not have the bandwidth (sigh) for backup use of the 250 GB, but I may find uses for it in any case. I have plenty of non-sensitive stuff I can store there just to have it available anywhere, anytime, and it will accumulate.

Revised to delete the remainder of this post, as i seem to have set an all-time record for getting my facts wrong. For any who did read it, please ignore it, as it was totally incorrect.