New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2000 and Access 2002 on the same PC (Access 2002)

Hi there,

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered.

I have Office 2000 along with Office 2000 Developer's Tools on my system and I want to install Office XP. However I still do some development in Access 2000 for some of my clients and so I don't want to lose Access 2000. (I don't mind losing the other apps from Office 2000.)

I notice that the install for Office XP gives me the option of installing Access 2002 without removing Access 2000. But I'm not quite naive enough to automatically believe everything MS promises me.

Can anyone tell me if I really can install Access 2002 on my system without damaging my existing copy of Access 2000? Will I still be able to use Access 2000 for development and use the Office 2000 Developer's Tools to create stand-alone versions of Access 2000 databases? Or is this a bottomless patches and tweaking that I should just avoid?

Thanks in advance.

James

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 2000 and Access 2002 on the same PC (Access 2002)

You can run Access2000 and XP on same machine. Actually, you can run both versions of Office. However, it's an all or nothing approach. That is, you can't selectively decide which applications to overwrite and which to load separately. MSKB article Q241141 discusses running Access97 and Access2000 on same computer, and I believe there is another article about A2000 and XP, which basically covers the same topics.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

doublex

Re: Access 2000 and Access 2002 on the same PC (Ac

Hi,
    I'm a developer and need all three versions for development.
    I have all three office versions loaded on a laptop. I can run all three version of Access 97, 2000, 2002 at the same time.

All you have to do is when you install them put the in separate folders. EG:, msoffice = 97, msoff2k = 2000, msoffxp = xp.
    So far I have not had a problem.
    David