Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    I just had a curious thing happen. I decided to download the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and do a manual scan. I set it for a deep scan and let it go. It was taking quite a while (hours) so I took a close look at the screen. it was searching my E: drive (XP Partition). Now I was booted into the C: drive (Win 7 Partition) and I use a registry hack to hide the XP partition so the restore points don't get deleted. See the attached image for the message I receive when I try to access the drive via Explorer. So does anyone know how Malwarebytes' manages to read this drive?

RG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    I don't know the means by which Malwarebytes' can see your hidden drive, perhaps the registry hack is specific to a W7 function.
    You can't totally hide a drive by doing a few simple registry hacks.

Configure Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to ignore this drive.

It looks like a good thing as far as Malwarebytes' is concerned.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi RG :

Seems this Question would be more appropiately Asked on the
    Malwarebytes Support Forums at http://forums.malwarebytes.org ,
    particularly their "General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum" !?
    For the BEST in what counts in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com

Thanks
    I have to agree that if you need information or support on how Malwarebytes detects and scans hidden drives, the best bet is to submit a question or incident report through Malwarebytes' forums. I have no insider or technical information about this program, although I use it on my computer. Malwarebytes does not see my Hidden Recovery Partition, but that partition is in a non-Windows file system (some sort of Xenix derivative).
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Primak View Post
    I have to agree that if you need information or support on how Malwarebytes detects and scans hidden drives, the best bet is to submit a question or incident report through Malwarebytes' forums. I have no insider or technical information about this program, although I use it on my computer. Malwarebytes does not see my Hidden Recovery Partition, but that partition is in a non-Windows file system (some sort of Xenix derivative).
    Your Recovery Partition is hidden in the partition table, the Master Boot Record. That is the appropriate way to hide a partition from an OS. Most boot/partition manager software like Terabytesunlimited BootIt Next Generation can hide partitions from specific boot profiles. That's the way I do multi-booting.

Thanks

When doing a manual scan, a screen comes up displaying all the drives on the computer. You check the boxes for the drives you want to scan. Your problem might be with having the Paid Version doing an automatic scan. I do not use the Paid Version, so I never have this problem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hammond mike View Post
    When doing a manual scan, a screen comes up displaying all the drives on the computer. You check the boxes for the drives you want to scan. Your problem might be with having the Paid Version doing an automatic scan. I do not use the Paid Version, so I never have this problem.
    I'm not sure, but I don't think it has anything to do with paid vs. free versions. I have the paid version, and if I do a Quick Scan, I don't get a choice of which drive to scan, but if I do a Full Scan (which is generally not necessary), a box pops up allowing me to choose which drives to scan.