Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    This has been a long time in the making. LOTS of freeware application sites, categorized by program type. The idea was to take the hassle out of wading through all the junk and other "ware" types, enticing you to sites, by pretending to be genuine freeware. Wasbit, the workhorse behind the lists, has been working on and updating these for a long time - years worth of work there! There are 40+ lists on the site, but a total of some 140 in various stages of completion. A unique and valuable resource IMO.

Wasbits Freeware Lists
    or http://tinyurl.com/y9jcds9 for short.

Enjoy
    Alan

Thanks
    Impressive. do you know if Wasbit is planning to keep it updated, as sites go under and some freeware becomes paidware?
    2 desktops: Win XP Pro SP3 / 3 GHZ/3 GB RAM/ Firefox, Thunderbird /
    Open Office

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I think wasbit is pretty vigilant, checking on new stuff and getting rid of duds.
    Of course, you can send an e-mail if you find anything amiss or something new, worthy of addition to any of the lists.

Alan

Thanks
    I tried out a few, and I thought I was the Queen of Freeware, but many of these are new to me. thanks, Alan. And who is Wasbit?
    2 desktops: Win XP Pro SP3 / 3 GHZ/3 GB RAM/ Firefox, Thunderbird /
    Open Office

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RochelleP View Post
    I tried out a few, and I thought I was the Queen of Freeware, but many of these are new to me. thanks, Alan. And who is Wasbit?
    wasbit remains largely anonymous, hails from the UK and has been active for many years on the usenet - since well before the days of the world wide web. (Ah, the ol' days of the listservs). Probably found mostly on alt.comp.freeware nowadays... where you'll find MANY pretenders to the king/queen titles of freeware!

Alan