New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I try to print a Word 97 document I keep getting a message box that says WinWord Exec – Application Error. The exception unknown software exception (0xc000005) occurred in the application at .location 0x76d53d3e. Click okay to terminate the problem.

I have used Microsoft Office 97 Professional Edition for ten years and have never received this message before. Yesterday it was working fine, but somehow I have done something and I do not know what. Anyone knows? Thanks. I re-installed Office 97 a little while ago but I am still getting that error message.

Anna Ruth
    A wise man once said "Touch my mind and you get my Interest. Touch my heart and you get my Love. Touch my soul and you get Passion beyond your wildest dreams . Touch all three and you have a Lover beyond eternity."

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Reinstalling Office rarely does anything but waste time. If this is only a printing problem, then the chances are that you have corrupted the printer driver. Try deleting and reinstalling the printer driver. Then clean out your system of abandoned temp files following all the crashes and test again (See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm for help with the cleanup.)

If Word still crashes on print, see the following FAQ for diagnostic help http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

Terry

New Lounger
    Thanks

Terry, thank you so very much. Re-installing the printer driver did the trick. You’re a smartie, what a smartie, take your seat in the Lemac Box. The Lemax Box was on a quiz show sometime in the 70s. When a contestant answered a question correctly the host would say, You’re a smartie, what a smartie, take your seat in the Lemac Box. Lemac is Camel spelled backwards and the show was sponsored by Camel cigarettes.

Sometime yesterday I had gone to Driver Max and installed new HP drivers. Guess I installed a wrong one, and it caused the problem. Guess I will learn not to do that unless in Windows update.

Now, I think, when I can, I should copy all of my Word 97 documents into another Word program just to be safe. I have all of my brother’s Alzheimer's records on Word 97, all of his doctor reports and many other things.

Now, I just need to find out how to copy them all without having to copy them one at a time. Would you know how I do this?

Thank you so much again.

Anna Ruth
    A wise man once said "Touch my mind and you get my Interest. Touch my heart and you get my Love. Touch my soul and you get Passion beyond your wildest dreams . Touch all three and you have a Lover beyond eternity."