New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Windows 2008 domain in which Windows 2008 acts as an active directory, dns and dhcp server. I want to install Exchange in this environment. I don't have 64 bit Windows Server in my network so I can't install Exchange 2007. Just wondering if I can install Windows 2003 SBS in this environment which can act as a secondary domain controller with Exchange Server and ISA Server?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    SBS is designed to be the primary domain controller. From Running Multiple Servers in a Windows Small Business Server Environment"

"You can create and manage only one Windows SBS domain. Windows SBS is designed to make network management as easy as possible. One way it does this is by restricting the Active DirectoryŽ directory service so that there can be only one domain, with Windows SBS as the domain controller at the forest's root."

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe thanks for the response. So there is no way I can install Exchange server on my Windows 2008 domain?

If I want to migrate all my current domain settings to the new Windows 2003 SBS Server or Windows 2008 SBS Server, what will be the path?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You can install Exchange 2003 in a Win2008 domain, although if you have the domain in W2008 native you may not be able to modify the schema for Exchange - check with MS.

cheers, Paul