Thread: XP exam 70-270

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I am going to do the Microsoft Exam70-270 Installing Configuring and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional. Does anyone know any good study guides for this exam. I know you can do a search in google and stuff, but I just thought that someone has done the exam and might recommend a study book for the exam.

Thanks guys,

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I can recommend the Sybex and Exam Cram series http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCSE-Exam-Cr.../dp/0789728745

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skender View Post
    I am going to do the Microsoft Exam70-270 Installing Configuring and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional. Does anyone know any good study guides for this exam. I know you can do a search in google and stuff, but I just thought that someone has done the exam and might recommend a study book for the exam.
    Not trying to be a smart aleck but why would you want to get certified on an almost 10 year old OS?

Joe
    Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Not trying to be a smart aleck but why would you want to get certified on an almost 10 year old OS?

Joe
    Hi Joe,

Well, We use this operating system at work and my boss wants me to do this first before I do any other exams microsoft exams.

Thanks

Skender

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To be honest I find that the Windows XP exams hold their weight in terms of usefulness as a lot of the information you learn within them is applicable to future OS's in terms of troubleshooting abilities you develop.

Vista certification on the other hand is a complete waste of time as the course work is rubbish