Thanks
    Could anyone suggest something that would, every ten minutes or so, produce a snapshot of the memory usage of the largest memory-using programs and services, rather like someone looking at the Processes tab of Task Manager sorted in descending order of Memory Usage?

I've looked at PSLIST -M, but that produces far too much output in a difficult-to-sort format (now that Exchange Server 2007 has very long Image Names).

I'm really looking for memory leaks, or sudden large usages of memory by as-yet-unidentified programs. It's in Windows Server 2008, 64-bit, but it's a general problem so I've put it in this forum...

Thanks!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Performance Monitor might be able to do what you want. One of its features is the ability to capture various performance data, such as process memory utilization, at given intervals. After the capture, you can open the resulting data file with PerfMon to look at the results.

Another possibility is with a PowerShell script. The script could query the process memory utilization and place the results in a file. If the file used the CSV (comma-separated-value) format, you could load it up in Excel, or use a data analysis tool like R to analyze and chart the data.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    Could anyone suggest something that would, every ten minutes or so, produce a snapshot of the memory usage of the largest memory-using programs and services, rather like someone looking at the Processes tab of Task Manager sorted in descending order of Memory Usage?

I've looked at PSLIST -M, but that produces far too much output in a difficult-to-sort format (now that Exchange Server 2007 has very long Image Names).

I'm really looking for memory leaks, or sudden large usages of memory by as-yet-unidentified programs. It's in Windows Server 2008, 64-bit, but it's a general problem so I've put it in this forum...
    Perhaps Windows Performance Analysis Tools will help.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Again, I'd recommend looking at TaskInfo, http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo.html. Shareware, costs $35, but it's got a 30-day trial which gives you ample time to look at all its capabilities.

I've got no vested interest; just a very satisfied user.

Ed