Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Studio 12, I am creating WMV files from AVI files that are burned onto a hard drive, the hard drive is external.

I have two computers with the Studio 12 software on them, both computers have DVD burners in them and each burner supports a diferent kind of media.

I am good for loading up files into the Studio 12 interface on the computer that I download the AVI file with origonally even though the files are deposited onto the external drive.

Using Studio 12 I create the WMV file and put it on the external drive refernced above.

I can not however, load the WMV or the AVI file that is on the external drive onto the second computer, the one that wasn't used to download the origonal file or create the AVI or WMV files. I have been told that it is possible to remap the files in such a way that they can be loaded into two seperate interfaces (computers), is this true? If it is true how would I do that?

Any help you can give me would be great. Thank you.

bearfur

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Based on your description, I am not sure if the problem you are describing is that:
    a) the WMV file is not accessible by the computer 2, or
    b) the Studio 12 in computer 2 gives an error when you attempt to open the WMV file.

Did you disconnect the external hard drive from computer 1 and the plug it into computer 2, or are you trying to access the external hard drive over the network (the external drive is still connected to computer 1)?

I do know that Studio 12 is a little possessive regarding the video files it is managing. You need to ensure that not both Studio 12 programs are trying to access the same directory containing the WMV file.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Did you disconnect the external hard drive from computer 1 and the plug it into computer 2, or are you trying to access the external hard drive over the network (the external drive is still connected to computer 1)?
    If it is over a network with the external HD connected to the computer that can open the files, all you need to do is make sure the external drive's security and sharing are appropriately set and then from the other computer, map that external drive or shared folder(s) within (Tools>Map network drive>...and browse to the relevant drive or folder).