Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    How do I select multiple pictures for printing on one sheet in Win 7 Explorer? There are different layouts available but no obvious way to select more images.
    Windows XP was much easier to use than this one!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd go to a picture folder, left click and hold it down, drag my mouse across several or either hold down ctrl and select several and release mouse. Right click the blue space highlighting the images and choose Print
    Next dialogue you have the option of single page or resized to fit more in different sizes on 1 page. Look on right side for different size formats.
    Now how was xp easier than that?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    XP is easier because it has a wizard which walks you through it without leaving you guessing! It also has thumbnails which are useful to me because I view files in Explorer as details. The thumbnails save me having to switch to icon view if I don't happen to recognise the filename.
    Thanks for doing Microsoft's job for them by giving me your suggestion. Fortunately I bought Windows Professional so I can still do it the easy way....

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David Myers View Post
    The thumbnails save me having to switch to icon view if I don't happen to recognise the filename.
    Try setting the view to "Content". That is shows a thumbnail and metadata.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    If you have Windows Live Photo Gallery installed, you can load the folder where your photos/images are located and select the check boxes in the upper left corner and choose "print", on the top tool bar. From there you can scroll through the choices made before doing the actual print job.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David Myers View Post
    XP is easier because it has a wizard which walks you through it without leaving you guessing! It also has thumbnails which are useful to me because I view files in Explorer as details. The thumbnails save me having to switch to icon view if I don't happen to recognise the filename.
    Thanks for doing Microsoft's job for them by giving me your suggestion. Fortunately I bought Windows Professional so I can still do it the easy way....
    I see actual print layout
    [attachment=88477rint-1.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by veegertx View Post
    I see actual print layout
    [attachment=88477rint-1.png]
    I have a similar question... using the above example, is there a way to print say 3 copies of the same page with out having to print 3 times.(I hope that made sense!)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H. Harlan View Post
    I have a similar question... using the above example, is there a way to print say 3 copies of the same page with out having to print 3 times.(I hope that made sense!)
    Yes. what you did not see is this attachment at the bottom of the print window.

[attachment=88493:Capture.PNG]

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to JoeP and CLiNT. The Images in "Content" view are a bit on the small side to distinguish between similar pictures but I will use that for a while and see how I get on. Windows Live Photo Gallery seems to work pretty much like the XP wizard with only the slight drawback of having to open another program if already working with Explorer, so that's a good substitute.

veegertx. Your attachment is of two pictures which you have prepared for printing and you must have selected both files in Explorer which couldn't be easier, but my point was that it isn't easy if working in "Detail" view. I like detail view because it is small and compact, gives me file size information and I only need to view images if I am going to print something.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Yes. what you did not see is this attachment at the bottom of the print window.

[attachment=88493:Capture.PNG]

Joe

I did see attachment... did you not see that it only pertains to the number of times you can reproduce a picture on a page, not the number of pages that contain the same picture? In other words, I want to print 2 pictures on a page. I now want those same 2 pictures to be copied over let say 5 pages. In order to do it I would have to go thru and print those 2 pictures 5 times. The control you speak of and have shown in the attachment JUST allows the number of pictures to be copied on ONE page. (I hope that explains my question better!)

Administrator
    Thanks
    The control you speak of and have shown in the attachment JUST allows the number of pictures to be copied on ONE page. (I hope that explains my question better!)
    You should be able to click "Options" in the lower right and then Printer Properties. Somewhere in the Printer Properties dialog you can select the number of copies. I can't say for sure where that will be as it is somewhat different for each printer.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    You should be able to click "Options" in the lower right and then Printer Properties. Somewhere in the Printer Properties dialog you can select the number of copies. I can't say for sure where that will be as it is somewhat different for each printer.

Joe
    When you go to print, it does not go to printer options, it just prints, it does not even offer print preview, which would afford me the opportunity to select the number of copies I need. ( Please try it for your self and see if you can do it!) I believe there is solution other than to print each page separately!

Administrator
    Thanks
    When you go to print, it does not go to printer options, it just prints, it does not even offer print preview, which would afford me the opportunity to select the number of copies I need. ( Please try it for your self and see if you can do it!) I believe there is solution other than to print each page separately!
    I did try it. That dialog with the printer selection, the page layout of the pictures, and the number of copies dialog has an options selection in the lower right. That is how I got to the printer properties.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had never done more than 1 page myself but as JoeP said Printer Properties are in that Options lower right. Think it would set that as default then.
    Low of ink right now or I'd try it

Lounger
    Thanks
    I see it now! " There are none so blind as those who will not see" Thanks for the responses!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast