New Lounger
    Thanks
    In some of the replys I notice Screen Shots. How do you create these in Windows7? Can they be saved in a file folder? Also can you Print Screen in Windows 7 (how); or is there a preferred program available to assist with these functions? Thanks for your consideration.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Winsnap but it's not free http://www.ntwind.com/software/winsnap.html
    There are others out there that may be

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Credo View Post
    In some of the replys I notice Screen Shots. How do you create these in Windows7? Can they be saved in a file folder? Also can you Print Screen in Windows 7 (how); or is there a preferred program available to assist with these functions? Thanks for your consideration.
    You can use the builtin Snipping Tool - Start | Accessories | Snipping Tool. You can pin it to the taksbar for easy access. If you don't see the Snipping Tool in Accessories go to Control Panel | Programs | Programs and Features | Turn Windows features on or off. Then enable "Tablet Components".

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    After using a free/cheap sceenshot program that didn't work very well, I paid for SnagIt (TechSmith). It is now $50 I think. I'm not sure, but I think this is one of the top screenshot programs out there. It has more features than you could ever use and always works perfectly, for me anyway. In the latest version 9, which was a major overhaul from the previous version, there is a bar across the bottom of the editor that displays all of your past captures. I use this feature as sort of a "favorites" list. I may capture a screenshot with no intention of printing or sharing it with others, but as a means of conveniently storing some info that is on my screen.

Since I'm a confirmed Snagit junkie, I've not used the Windows 7 Printscreen feature. Search for "Snipping Tool" if you want to try it. It works but has the most basic of annnotation capabilties. Very limited.

For simple screenshots with annotations, you can probably find something cheaper, but SnagIt does all that plus things you never thought of before. I think they have a 30 day trial version.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Credo View Post

Dave hi and welcome

There is the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search) which works fairly well, or snagit, which works even better.

Good Luck

Ken J
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    And for some keyboard shortcuts (which have been there since NT 3.1, from what I recall):

PrtScn - captures the entire screen to the clipboard
    ALT-PrtScn - captures the current window to the clipboard

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    May I suggest Gadwin's PrintScreen free. Used it for years (Windows XP, Vista, Win 7 (64bit)).

Follow

http://www.gadwin.com/download/

free version at bottom of screen