3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a user who is having a problem printing color documents from Publisher 2007. She's on Windows XP and is printing to a Kyocera FS-C5030 printer. This is one of those intermittent issues that is so hard to troubleshoot. She frequently prints large runs of color documents which were created in Publisher. She works directly in Publisher - she doesn't create the content in another program such as Word, then copy it into Publisher, for example. Every so often her documents will come out in a color other than the one she chose. For example, one document she showed me had text and graphics in blue and it printed in pink. We have installed a new driver and the problem continues. The printer is new, but replaced a printer of the same model. The problem did not occur using the old printer.

Has anyone run into anything like this? Thanks so much.

Lee Morgan

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This sounds like the cyan colour toner (or ink) is empty (or clogged). Blue is normally a mixture of magenta and cyan so if the cyan is not making it to the page then your graphic will end up just showing the magenta.

Has the user checked or replaced any of the toner cartridges? Sometimes a new cartridge can be defective and replacing it can solve the problem.

To aid in diagnosing the problem, go into the printer driver and print a colour test page. You may even be able to do this from the printer's own interface buttons. If your test page prints correctly then we can put the focus back onto the windows application as the source of the problem.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry - I meant to include that we'd tried that. It was the first thing I thought of. We've also had a printer technician out to check the printer and he couldn't find anything wrong with it. This morning, she printed something that should have been black and it came out light greenish-yellow.

She has also discovered that if she converts the documents to pdf, they print correctly. So far...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Does the printer have more than one driver? Since the PDF works you might be better off with a Postscript driver.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure. Thanks for the tip - I'll check into it.