New Lounger
    Thanks
    I set up an Excel spreadsheet to do some simple addition calculations, and tested it on my local C: drive. Everything worked great, so I posted it on a mapped network drive where other people in the company could get to it. Yesterday I updated the spreadsheet to use the WORKDAY function to calculate end dates for a project. The function looks like this in my spreadsheet:

=WORKDAY(G9, J20, J4:J11) where G9 contains the start date, J20 contains the number of days we expect to work on the project, and J4:J11 contains a list of holiday dates.

I tested everything out on my C: drive and it all works great--I can change the value in G9 or J20 and everything recalculates perfectly. So I copied the spreadsheet out to a mapped network drive on another machine. If I open the spreadsheet on my machine from the mapped drive and change the value in G9, everything works perfectly. BUT--if I go to another machine in the building and open the spreadsheet on the network drive and change the value in G9 on the spreadsheet on in the mapped drive, anywhere I used the WORKDAYS function suddenly shows #NAME? instead of a date. The error that I get if I hover over the little green triangle in the upper left corner of a #NAME? cell says "The formula contains unrecognized text." How can this be? I haven't changed anything other than which machine I open the spreadsheet on.

I am very confused by this. Anyone know why my spreadsheet is doing this? How do I fix it?

Thanks,
    Tracey
    Tracey Yates

Thanks
    Has the other Machine got the Analysis ToolPack Add-In Installed?

Tools => Add-Ins Check Analysis ToolPack is Ticked.

The WorkDay and NetWorkDays Functions are in this Add-In.
    Andrew

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AKW View Post
    Has the other Machine got the Analysis ToolPack Add-In Installed?

Tools => Add-Ins Check Analysis ToolPack is Ticked.

The WorkDay and NetWorkDays Functions are in this Add-In.

AH! That was it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :-)

<doing the Happy Dance>

Tracey
    Tracey Yates