Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    environment Office2007

I have a Word document and insert a hyperlink

When I click on the hyperlink two warning messages display -see screen capture
    (Note: I'll add the warning message here for those who want to search the forum - as I couldnt type the full warning message as the thread title has limited character lengh.

Microsoft Office Security Notice
    Microsoft Office has identified a potential security conert
    This location may be unsafe
    <filename here>
    Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer and data. To protect your computer, click only those hyperlinks from trusted sources.
    Do you want to continue?

Two warning messages display
    The 1st message - is from Office 2007 - we are currently in the process of upgrading to 2007
    The 2nd message - is from Office XP - this could be legacy files hanging around on the new pc image

For Office 2007 Ive found a registry fix that works:

HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Commo n\Security\
    New DWORD key
    DisableHyperLinkWarning = 1

To clear the 2nd warning message for OfficeXP I applied the same reg key fix but under Office\10 eg

HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Commo n\Security\
    New DWORD key
    DisableHyperLinkWarning = 1

the result was didnt clear the warning message. the 2nd warning message still displayed.

Any ideas or pointers on how I can clear the 2nd message?

many thanks

diana
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm a bit confused by your post, and I suspect others may well be as nobody has responded yet. Do you have both Office 2007 and Office XP/2002 installed on the same PC? If so which was installed first. If not, are the screen shots from two different PCs? I would not expect the fix for 2007 to fix a similar issue in XP - the security aspects of the two are quite different. For Word 2002, the Microsoft knowledge base article You receive a virus warning message when you click hyperlink to a program in Office 2002 or Office 2000 may resolve your issue.
    Wendell

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Any ideas or pointers on how I can clear the 2nd message?
    I know that second message box says "Microsoft Office" but I wonder whether it might be generated by a DMS macro or by a component of Internet Explorer, rather than by Word itself.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    WendellB - I have office 2007 installed. OfficeXP is not installed on the pc.
    The firm is currently in the process of upgrading to Office2007. Therefore currently supporting two environments. Office 2007 & officeXP.
    The second message displays in our OfficeXP environment. (always has)
    On Office2007 pc (no officeXP installed) the second messge displays. I thought this was due to legacy XP files on the new 2007 pcs and images.

Jefferson - I suspect your right. The document management has hijacked some functionality. Ill continue to investigate.

many thanks

diana