New Lounger
    Thanks
    I built a new computer system recently which dual boots Windows XP and Windows 7 Home Edition.
    The BIOS of the ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Motherboard only recognizes 4088Mb of the 6Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 TR3X6G1600 C7 Ram installed, as does the Windows 7 operating system.
    The CPUZ software recognizes there are 3 x 2Gb sticks of Ram installed and I've rotated the sticks with no change in the BIOS settings.
    The ASUS helpsite suggested flashing the CMOS and adjusting the Timing and Voltage of the Ram in the Bios, which I did to no avail , although I'm no expert on configuring the BIOS.

I have two questions of concern.

The computer runs OK [ except for Reset crashes when running MS Flight Simulator ], so does the fact that the BIOS and OS only recognize 2/3 rd's of the Ram affect the system as a whole.

Short of getting a new Motherboard, are there any other suggestions what I can do to get this system humming the way it's supposed to do?

Yours in Appreciation,

Jezz007

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper Hansen View Post
    The BIOS of the ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Motherboard only recognizes 4088Mb of the 6Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 TR3X6G1600 C7 Ram installed, as does the Windows 7 operating system.
    According to the PDFs at ASUSTeK Computer Inc. P6T the TR3X6G1600 C7 memory is not qualified for that motherboard. The TR3X6G1600 C8D RAM is the qualified version.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Corsair's website would also confirm that, based on the ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 board.

Check with the seller, they might do an RMA.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks very much for clarifying that the memory I have is not the recomended one for my Motherboard.

I must admit I found all the numbers more than a little confusing.

I'll get in touch with the computer builder and hopefully arrange the suitable replacement.

Yours in Appreciation,

Jesper Hansen

Thanks
    You can read more on memory limits here;Memory Limits for Windows 7
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jesper, I don't see anything in your post to indicate that you are using the 64-bit version of Windows 7 (or XP). The 32-bit version will only ever see 4GB or RAM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Johnson2191 View Post
    Jesper, I don't see anything in your post to indicate that you are using the 64-bit version of Windows 7 (or XP). The 32-bit version will only ever see 4GB or RAM.
    Regardless of what the OS sees the BIOS should see all the RAM. The OP stated that it does not.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry I forgot to mention that my Windows 7 is 64bit [ 4088MB of Ram recognized ] and Windows XP is 32bit [ 2.99Gb of Ram recognized ] and that I'm running the Intel Core i7 975 Extreme Edition @ 3.33GHz processor.

I've just read that it's possible that the 2Gb of memory on my video card could be subtracted from the recognized memory in Windows 7 which would account for the missing 2Gb, but this doesn't seem a very satisfactory way to report available Ram on the operating system.