New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I import from camera, the Date Taken data is empty, but if I switch to XP mode (I am running Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit), the Date Taken information is there. I can then save the pictures to my hard drive, exit the XP mode, and them import them into my Adobe Photoshop Elements software. Any thoughts or questions? Thanks

Thanks
    It works on my W7-64, or do you mean that the column is not there? If that is the case, Rt-Click on a column heading and add it.

FYI, the more detail one puts in a question, the more detail one can expect in an answer.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, when I said the field was empty, I meant the column is there, but contains no information.

I would be happy to provide whatever additional information you think would be helpful. I spent a couple hours working on the problem last week and have searched quite a bit on line. Have not found any other references to this specific problem.

I tried viewing through Windows Explorer, tried copying to a directory on the hard drive. If I hook the camera to my old XP laptop or my wife's XP netbook, the column/field is populated. When I connect the camera to the Win7 Pro 64-bit, nada. Until I go into Windows XP Mode in Windows Virtual PC.

The laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6-1350US, 4GB, P7450 processor, 500GB hard drive.

As I said above, I would love to answer any other questions you may have, but those are all the details I can think to mention. Sorry!

And thanks....

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sounds like camera interface software to me. It may be that you need updated software from your camera manufacturer. Try just putting your camera's card in the computer and look at the file characteristics from Windows 7. You could just copy from there without using your camera.

I have a Canon and found there was an update to all the Canon software for Windows 7. Maybe this will help. I use Windows 7 32 bit edition.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    1) The computer is new and I forgot it has an SD reader
    2) I had tried accessing the card in the camera through various software on the computer with no success
    3) Often times another observer will be able to point out the obvious
    4) Plugging the card directly into the computer worked!
    5) YEAH!
    6) I feel a bit foolish!
    7) Thanks!! I appreciate the help.
    Chris )

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd be curious to know if it showed up where you really want it: in Photoshop Elements. I presume it does now, but did it before?