Results 1 to 2 of 2
2010-04-09, 20:58 #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I guess I've been on another planet for the last two years, but, I just realized that Windows Updates have not been updating my 2003 Office Student and Teacher Edition. The release date for each of the 3 programs (Help, About) corresponds to the original release of each program except for Outlook which is 11.5608.5606. But none have SP 1, 2 or 3.
1. Should I apply SP3 to 2003 Office Student and Teacher Edition?
2. How do I get patches after SP3 to the three Office programs?
3. Do I need to download the WGA (KB892130) to update Office through the Microsoft site?
4. Is there one place on askwoody.com or windowssecrets that has all patches they recommend and/or don't recommend since Office SP3?
5. Is there anything in SP3 that warrants a custom install to exclude certain non-recommended patches?
I will need to buy a new computer in about 6 to 12 months at which time I will be using a more current version of Office than 2003.
But for now, I'm stuck with Office 2003 on an XP SP3 operating system.
Thank you so very much for any help you can give me.
2010-04-09, 21:44 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2001
- St Louis, Missouri, USA
- Thanked 1,099 Times in 965 Posts
1.) You should install Sp-3. You may download it from Download details: Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3). More details about SP-3 are available at Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 3.
2.) Once SP-3 is installed you can try going to Windows Update and you should have the option to change to Microsoft Update. Do that and Windows/Microsoft Update will check for updates for Microsoft products other than Windows. Since Office 2003 is in extended support you may only get security fixes. NOTE: You may need to run Windows/Microsoft update several times as some patches depend on others being installed.
3.) If Windows/Microsoft update want to install WGA let it. If you have legal software there is nothing to worry about.
4.) AFAIK, there is no central source about patches. I'd install all that were offered by Windows Update?
5.) No. Just install the whole service pack.