MichaelC

Snaking Columns (2000 SR1)

I am trying to duplicate an "Order Form" that is currently maintained in Excel. There is some info on the top of the order form like customer name and date etc. Then 3 snaking columns that start with Part number 1 and sequentially list parts flowing into the 2nd and 3rd columns on each page. I am having difficulty creating this report in Access. Any reference to proper nomenclature for this type of report would also be appreciated. i.e. is it a "columnar report"...Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Snaking Columns (2000 SR1)

Are you trying to create a page header that spans the width of the report with the data in snaked columns? If so, there's an example of how to do that in the RptSmp00.mdb file that you can download from the Microsoft site. For more information on it, take a look at the MS Knowledgebase article <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q231/8/51.asp>ACC2000: Microsoft Access 2000 Sample Reports Available [Q231851]</A>.
    Charlotte

MichaelC

Thanks Charlotte, I read an earlier post of yours and was able to get rolling. I am downloading the file you suggested. I don't know if i need to post another question but I would like to create a calc'd field that appears on the report if there is a numeric value contained in the field and does not appear if the field is null or 0. Also, I can't figure out how to turn off the borders around each field. I can make all sorts of "Special Effects' but where is "OFF"??
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There's no OFF, you set the BorderStyle to transparent. Your calculated field would always be on the report, but you would either use code to set its visible property depending on the value in the other control, or you could include that value in your calculated expression sort of like this:

=IIf([Field1]>0,[Field1],"")
    Charlotte