New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have set up Outlook (Outlook 2007) with the default reminder box unchecked, so that I do not get reminders for ebverything I put in the calendar. However, if someone else on my Exchange network sets an schedules a meeting that I 'accept', this is automatically given a reminder. How can I turn off these reminders that I do not want (without having to manually do this for every meeting). Surely other people shouldn't be able to set my reminders for me?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 285JS237 View Post
    Surely other people shouldn't be able to set my reminders for me?
    Yes, they can. The reminder is part of the invitation you receive. Your "no reminder" setting applies to meetings you create.

Quote Originally Posted by 285JS237 View Post
    However, if someone else on my Exchange network sets an schedules a meeting that I 'accept', this is automatically given a reminder. How can I turn off these reminders that I do not want (without having to manually do this for every meeting).
    You can turn off all reminders, including new message and task reminders, in the Advanced Options dialog, or you can specifically code the Item Add Event in the ThisOutlookSession module to turn off reminders in Calendar Items you accept.

(Personally I disagree with your decision not to set reminders on meeting invitations you send. Most users (particularly those who do not print out calendars or sync with a PDA or smartphone) rely on them, and may forget to attend your meetings if they do not get a reminder.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks for this reply - very helpful. I have turned off the reminder display in Advanced Options.

I agree with what you say about the usefulness of reminders, but it is just that it should be my choice whether I want reminders.