4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi loungers.,...I have temporarily been using a borrowed computer with OUTLOOK 2007 and Windows 7 Ultimate. I am returning the computer. Whenever I send an email, it 'suggests' email addresses as soon as I start to type a name or address (if I type Da, it will suggest davidmcnab@abc.com etc etc). I have unchecked that feature in the email options and it no longer makes the suggestions....however, even if I shutdown the computer, restart it and open OUTLOOK, if I go back and activate that feature, it resumes making suggestions......I do not want to return the computer with these email addresses 'stored' somewhere in its memory...where would I go (in Windows ??...or in the .pst folder ??) to delete the addresses that have been 'stored'...??..??

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcnab View Post
    however, even if I shutdown the computer, restart it and open OUTLOOK, if I go back and activate that feature, it resumes making suggestions......I do not want to return the computer with these email addresses 'stored' somewhere in its memory...where would I go (in Windows ??...or in the .pst folder ??) to delete the addresses that have been 'stored'...??..??
    These name suggestions are stored in the nicknames file. The file can safely be deleted and will be rebuilt fresh for the next user. Close Outlook, find the file location using the instructions for XP OS in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287623 and follow the instructions on deleting the file.

Edit: Default location for the .nk2 file in Windows 7 should be:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outl ook
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for that, John...especially the edit giving the location of the file...I deleted it and everything is fine.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just for further reference I have used NK2Edit from nirsoft quite a few times to resolve issues with incorrect cached entries and general N2K editing. It's free for personal use.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_edit.html