4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I have Windows XP and am using Office 2007. When I type a document in Word 2007, very often the spell checker does not pick up mistakes like som3eing or mcarriage. My first question is how can I correct this problem? My second question is can I add another dictionary to Word 2007 or install another spell checker to work harmoniously with Word 2007's spell checker?

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moon1130 View Post
    When I type a document in Word 2007, very often the spell checker does not pick up mistakes like som3eing or mcarriage.
    For the first one, see whether you have blocked spell checking of "words" containing numerals. On the second one, not sure why that would be considered okay. Someone else hopefully can advise on whether you can supplement the spell-check dictionary.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks a million, jscher2000. I indeed had blocked spell checking of "words" containing numberals. I unchecked that box under Proofing and ran several tests. Each "word" containing numerals was underlined in red. First problem resolved.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    First problem, part two: Check the spelling language settings for the mcarriage word - has it been set to no proofing or was it checked already and clicked as being OK?

Second problem: Have a look at these links
    How to add a custom dictionary in Word
    How to remove a word from Word's main spelling dictionary
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Andrew. Those are good links that I have added to my Word resource material. Also, from Microsoft Support, is the following link that explains why the problem of Word not recognizing spelling mistakes occurs and offering four methods to correct the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970826