New Lounger
    Thanks
    Every time I open a folder within an Open/Save dialog box within MS Office application (Word, Excel), the computer beeps. I've changed the sound scheme in Control Panel to the "No Sound". Still beeps. Using Vista and Office 2000. Anyone have an idea how to turn off the beeping?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Go to Control Panel, Programs & Features and uninstall the Office sounds.

Terry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Farrell View Post
    Go to Control Panel, Programs & Features and uninstall the Office sounds.

Terry
    Terry,

Thanks for the reply but I don't have Office Sounds as a choice in Programs & Features. In excel, I clicked on the "Provide feedback with sound" checkbox (to see what adding it would do) and it replied that the sound device was not accessible. I did try to go into MS Office Standard 2000 SR-1 but got an error that the installation source isn't available for this product. Tried also from the CD directly and same error. I'm running on SP3 so assume it might be an error there. Any other ideas where the beep might be coming from?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Bizarre because Office 2000 shouldn't produce any sound effects unless you download and install the Office Sounds add-in. So it must be something Vista is doing.

IIRC a single beep in Vista indicates a system error. I suggest taking a look at the Event Log to see if there are any errors being reported.

Terry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Terry,

I checked the Event Log but nothing. I ended up reinstalling the sound driver which fixed the problem. The weird thing is the beeps only happened in the open/save dialog boxes of MS Office 2000 apps, Word, Excel, Powerpoint. The beeps didn't happen in any other application's open/save dialog box, e.g. notepad, PhotoFiltre, IE, Foxit Reader. Thanks for the suggestions though.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That's Windows for yer!

Terry