Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

I'm working on an Excel 2000 graph and am stuck on a really really stupid bit!

The spreadsheets detail man hours worked and items completed. I want to chart each week the average man hours per item. Each week has a new worksheet, therefore I will have a front sheet with the graph on it and extract the same cell from each worksheet to be recorded on the graph.

Now, I'm really embarrassed to say that I can't seem to be able to place the relevant week's data on the relevant part of the graph, i.e. w/c 1st March 2010, I need the data on this worksheet to be recorded on the relevant part of the graph.......

This must be elementary but I can't seem to find the answer on the help topics.........

Thanks ever so!

Penny

Thanks
    Building a Chart from Multiple Sheets is actually not basic, because Excel is not very good at initially building this.
    Actually it does not even let you do it.

To Add Data at a later Stage you ought to be able to COPYand PASTE the additional data to your chart.
    You might want to use Copy and PasteSpecial to make sure Excel is going to add it as either a SERIES OR A POINT Correctly.

However can you give a simple example (you can add sanitized data)
    Andrew

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi again!

It will allow me to copy and paste the data into the graph but it always goes on the same week, i.e. the data isn't moving along the x axis in order to produce a line graph........is this simple to resolve?

Thanks

Penny

Thanks
    Sounds to me like you want to add a point not a series

Try Paste Special and then check that the Point Option is chosen

Failing that post an example of the chart and also the data source
    Andrew