3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I keep getting a screen for Adobe Flash Player as soon as I go on-line. I've tried to install it, but it always fails. I've gone to their site, and the installation fails. I've removed it from the registry. I've deleted the folders. It still appears.

I would like to get rid of the install screen or install it.
    Bob Wall

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Joe

Thanks
    Another thing may be causing problems -- you may still have remnants of previous versions hiding in nonstandard locations on your computer. Secunia PSI is pretty good at pointing you to the exact paths where these remnants may be hanging out. Delete anything PSI says to get rid of, and then try installing the current version.
    -- Bob Primak --

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've tried both responses, and niether of them work. I can't get Secunia PSI to download and run. I keep getting an error message.

Using the "How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control" actuallys seemed to make it worse. Now the Installer message appears more often, instead of just when I go on-line. I'll reboot and come back on-line. Maybe that will change something.
    Bob Wall

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I downloaded Flash Player successfully (?). Now I'll go off line and reboot and see what happens.
    Bob Wall

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    ARRRGH. It's still there, even after running Secunia PSi and downloading Flash Player from it.
    Bob Wall

Thanks
    Did you also remove the Adobe Download Manager? It's a separate program in Add/Remove Programs. I think the messages may be coming from the Download Manager.
    -- Bob Primak --

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem and the only way I could resolve it - I am using Firefox - was to uninstall the browser and re install it. The problem disappeared. This was after I had cleared the cache and cookies and similar settings.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This morning I tried to start AOL and it hung up on the Flash Player Install file. I couldnít get past it.

I couldnít find the Adobe Download Manager anywhere. I did delete all the Adobe files I could find. I also deleted Adobe entries from the Registry.

Itís still there, but at least I can get past it now. I guess my next step is to reformat my fixed disk.
    Bob Wall

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobWallToo View Post
    This morning I tried to start AOL and it hung up on the Flash Player Install file. I couldn't get past it.

I couldn't find the Adobe Download Manager anywhere. I did delete all the Adobe files I could find. I also deleted Adobe entries from the Registry.

It's still there, but at least I can get past it now. I guess my next step is to reformat my fixed disk.
    I think your problem is not with Flash Player or its installer. The problems with AOL and its software are many and long standing. Can't you find another Service Provider?
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Could be a permissions issue with Flash Player install/uninstall. If you still have problems, you might find this possible fix from Adobe of interest.
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html
    It cured a similar issue I had with getting a stubborn Flash player installation to work.