Lounger
    Thanks
    In Nov of 2009 I got a new MS keyboard Model 1045 and mouse 1058, both are wireless. I have an intermittant problem with the key strokes not appearing on hte monitor. I changed batteries last night and again this morning. No change, the key strokes do not always appear on the monitor. When that happens, sometimes hitting each key forcibly will make the character appear. By forcibly, I mean the key board jumps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Boy, this sure sounds like a hardware failure I'm sorry to say. Even newer hardware can fail. I suppose you could try MS and download new drivers or intellitype software to try this, but I'm afraid it may not work.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman View Post
    In Nov of 2009 I got a new MS keyboard Model 1045 and mouse 1058, both are wireless. I have an intermittant problem with the key strokes not appearing on hte monitor. I changed batteries last night and again this morning. No change, the key strokes do not always appear on the monitor. When that happens, sometimes hitting each key forcibly will make the character appear. By forcibly, I mean the key board jumps.

Any suggestions?
    Have you tried resynching the devices with the base? Do you have other wireless devices nearby?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    If your products are still under warranty I'd loook into support if your not able to sesolve this.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help. I downloaded new drivers and so far ( an hour) everything works. I will say that the MS keyboard is of much better quality than I thought. Some of my keystrokes did make the keyboard jump. I did synch the keyboard, mouse and the thing that plugs into a USB port(ttpiaUSBp). I think the range on ttpiaUSBp is too limitied. At times in the past I have had to move that think to the top of my desk. The MS setup does not have the range my wireless mouse for my IBM laptop does.

Lounger
    Thanks
    The MS wireless keyboard and mouse continued to be unreliable. I did try the synch, and sometimes that fixed the problem & sometimes not. New batteries did not fix the problem very long. I finally drove 260 miles RT and got a Logitech keyboard & mouse. The reason for the Logitech is I bought a wireless mouse a couple of years ago for my laptop and it has performed w/o any problems.

After a month, I have had no problems with my Logitech wireless board and mouse.

Thanks
    The MS wireless keyboard and mouse continued to be unreliable. I did try the synch, and sometimes that fixed the problem & sometimes not. New batteries did not fix the problem very long. I finally drove 260 miles RT and got a Logitech keyboard & mouse. The reason for the Logitech is I bought a wireless mouse a couple of years ago for my laptop and it has performed w/o any problems.

After a month, I have had no problems with my Logitech wireless board and mouse.

Thanks for posting back with the solution. As stated it sure sounded like a hardware failure. This might help someone else solve their similar problems.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

fireman,
    I have had good results also with "Logetech" (wireless mouse and keyboard) I now use the "Performance Mouse MX " and the "K320 wireless Keyboard " What i especially like is that Logetech has "Drivers" available for all my OS's 32 bit and 64 bit (and they work) Also... some have had problems with Acronis (imaging software) and wireless "things" so far no problems with doing a Image or a recovery. Think they (logetech ) make a decent product, as i have used wired and wireless equipment without much hassle. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)