New Lounger
    I'm running Win7 (on a computer that came with it installed - bought a week after released), but at times it loses contact with reality! Tonight I tried to open Excel, which only a half hour ago I was using, and it won't open. Word? no, Thunderbird? no... etc. I opened the Task Manager and they were listed in the processes, but they weren't opening. I found a button on the Performance tab that opened the Resource Monitor, and there were the programs listed, but the status was "suspended". I tried to open some other programs and every one appeared on the list, all as suspended. By right clicking on each one, I could "Resume process" and they would start working.

My question is: why are they coming up as suspended to begin with??? - when they were running ok a few minutes ago? When I restart the computer they will undoubtedly open like they are supposed to. But that's a pain to have to restart - it's like I have to restart once or twice a day to get the system to run right. What's the deal? Has anyone else run into this. I googled it and searched on this lounge but don't see anyone else writing about this. (There is other strange activity - waking from sleep, losing network connections, etc.; but those are topics for other threads.) Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks.

California & Arizona
    Can you kill the process(es) in Task Manager then try to reopen the program(s)?
    What are your system specs?
    Is your computer still under warranty?
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

4 Star Lounger
    Fishkill, New York, USA
    Just a thought. Can you open any application (.exe program)? If not, you may be a victim of malware. If that is the case run MalwareBytes (free).
    Click Here.