New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have several problems with IE8 on Win7 Professional. Certain pages will constantly reload the tab. Other times, when closing tabs, IE stops working altogether (Not Responding) and it needs to be restarted. All this began happening when I "upgraded" my XP Pro laptop (Dell Inspiron 1520, 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 500 GB HDD) to Vista Business Edition. I just upgraded Vista to WIN7 Professional in hopes that the problem was strictly with Vista, but the problems have continued with the new OS.
    I'm VERY aggressive with anti-virus and spyware detection. I use Microsoft Security Essentials since Comcast stopped offering McAfee for free to Comcast users and started offering Norton instead. I tried Norton but it bogs the system down unnecessarily. I also use ad-hoc scans online and I find no issues on my system. I'm beginning to think I may have to completely reinstall Windows on a clean hard drive, but that's an absolute last resort.
    Any help will be appreciated.

BTW - Firefox helps with the tab reloading problem, but I hate using Firefox. I also don't like Chrome.

Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Welcome to the Lounge.

Have you tried the offending sites in compatability mode?

Is your system up-to-date with patches?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, Joe. I'll take a look at that, but I've noticed that IE8 usually switches to compatibility mode automatically (when I notice it at all). In fact, this site is running in compatibility mode right now. As for patches, all is up to date.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    M.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Many time IE8 will auto-switch to compatability mode but sometimes you have to take the initiative.

Joe

Joe