Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Has anybody used this application. When I came across it I wanted to give it a try, but although they claimed it was free they want a one time charge. The charge is reasonable, and I'd pay it, but I haven't been ably to figure out what they offer. I basically listen to news and sports, if all they offer is soaps and movies I would not be interested.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunter Viktor View Post
    When I came across it I wanted to give it a try, but although they claimed it was free they want a one time charge.
    There's hardly any information at http://www.tvneto.com/ about how it works, although there is a starburst that says "100% Free", so perhaps you need to go directly to the source?

It's a browser toolbar, which always raises concerns about intrusive advertising and potential privacy issues, but it would take quite a bit of research to figure out what it does exactly. If it's just a new search tool, I'm not sure it adds much value.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When you get into it and ask to download it asks you for a one time payment, see picture. Maybe I shouldn't trust them since they claim upfront that it's free. But if they have what I want to watch it's well worth it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunter Viktor View Post
    When you get into it and ask to download it asks you for a one time payment, see picture.
    That's a completely different site and product. Not sure how you got over there. Maybe as part of the download process they pushed you an ad and you clicked it? I don't think I would pursue it further if that is their game. Maybe someone else can test it.

== Edit ==

Recommend you search Google for the various complaints about SatelliteDirect.tv. A lot of people found that only a few of the channels actually worked. And they didn't get their money back when they sought a refund.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Gunter Viktor,
    Hello, I am always interested in "Free Tv" (I live in the mountains of NE Tennessee) and i thought i would pass this along . There a two "sites" that i use "Fox on Demand" and "Hulu". They have many free options for on demand TV. I have used these both for about 6 months with no problems, other than sometimes download speed problems with Verizon mobile broadband. "Check em out" Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Fred, I will try that.

And yes, that's different software now that I look at it closer. Apparently it installed, and then tried to send me other stuff. I tried what I installed and didn't like. So I uninstalled.

Thanks for all the help