2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello all,

I have a huge file that I need to pull a target number for each employee. The problem I am having is that the value I need to pull is based on a few columns. I attached a sample of the spreadsheet for your reference. But...basically I am trying to pull a value into my employee row from a table grid. For example, If the employee is a Band F and in Personnel Subarea Home office US and Pay scale area is non-sales then pull the value from the grid pertaining to all the conditions. Can someone please help?

Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Have a look at the attached Example to see if it helps.

[attachment=88558:Sample.xls]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Andrew

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AKW View Post
    Have a look at the attached Example to see if it helps.

[attachment=88558:Sample.xls]
    Column E would have to be ordered "Exceeds, Meets, Needs Development" to ensure that the entries in Column A are in alphabetic order when being used for the Lookup.

Thanks
    Column E would have to be ordered "Exceeds, Meets, Needs Development" to ensure that the entries in Column A are in alphabetic order when being used for the Lookup.
    This is not the case!

Since we are using VLOOKUP with a 4th argument of 0 (same as false) then it does not matter what order the Lookup list is in.
    It is only with the True 4th argument of VLOOKUP that order of the lookup reference column matters.

IF we tried to use the standard LOOKUP Function then that would have been a different matter.

Also IF you omit the 4th argument of VLOOKUP then it defaults to TRUE which is the Order Specific option.
    Andrew

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AKW View Post
    This is not the case!

Since we are using VLOOKUP with a 4th argument of 0 (same as false) then it does not matter what order the Lookup list is in.
    It is only with the True 4th argument of VLOOKUP that order of the lookup reference column matters.

IF we tried to use the standard LOOKUP Function then that would have been a different matter.

Also IF you omit the 4th argument of VLOOKUP then it defaults to TRUE which is the Order Specific option.
    Ooops, my bad. I never knew that
    Live and Learn!