New Lounger
    Thanks

Expression Web 4: Need to get rid of update that doesn't work

I keep getting a Windows update message to update Expression Web 4. I've tried to use it, but the updater keeps asking for a file I don't have, not even on the Expression Web 4 installation CD. I don't care if EW4 won't update, as I don't use it as much as I thought I would, but I keep getting the annoying Windows update message. Anybody know how to get rid of that?

TIA,

VernonM

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    As you didn't tell us the update number, missing file or error message, and if you don't use the program, perhaps the best advice that can be given is to uninstall the program.

Is it SP1 or SP2? Lots of people have had trouble with those:

Expression Web 4 SP1 fails due to missing Web_en.msi file

Expression Web 4 SP2 & Windows Update Problems

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-05-15 at 07:11.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My apologies for omitting some identifying information. My Expr Web 4 is version 4.0.1165.0, and I was trying to install SP2 (KB2571841). I installed the original package from a CD I purchased at Barnes & Noble.

All I really use EW4 for is looking at non-HTM(L) webpages in a double-window arrangement, so that if I click on something I see on the page, the code for that item is shown in the other window and I can go from there. I actually use Notepad to edit HTM(L) webpages as it is much easier to read.

What I would really like to do at this point is to keep EW4 as it was, since the improvements of SP4 don't seem to enhance what I use the software for, and I would very much like to get rid of Microsoft's nag/reminder to finish updating EW4. The reminder screen says I have already downloaded the update. If I delete the update file, will MS keep on nagging me? Can you tell me the name of the update file or where I might look in order to delete it, please?

Again, sorry I forgot to include some info in my original message. I used to subscribe to the Langa List a long time ago, and since retiring 7 years ago, I've forgotten some of my manners.

Thanks,

VernonM

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    A few people had success with a workaround which involved uninstalling and reinstalling Expression Web 4 before applying SP2: Expression Web 4 SP2 Now Available

Although some found it necessary to pause before the final Finish of the reinstall, and only Finish that after applying SP2: Expression Web 4 SP2 & Windows Update Problems

Bruce