New Lounger
    Thanks
    Good day all,
    My kids asked me to document family history before I quit this mortal coil, so I thought I'd use OneNote to organize all my notes & thoughts, using hyper-links to the internet and my huge collection of files of photos, scans, etc. on my hard drive.

My question is this:
    When I embed a link to a photograph, e.g. a .jpg document elsewhere on my pc, OneNote defaults to opening the file by loading IE (Internet Explorer).

Web addresses however, open my default browser (Chrome); no problem there.

If I double-click directly on the .jpg, Vista Home Premium opens the file using Windows Photo Gallery. That would be OK too.

Is there somewhere I can configure OneNote to either use my default browser for .jpg files, or have it use Vista's file association defaults?

(I suspect there's a Registry entry somewhere I'm missing?)

Thanks in anticipation!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I've only used OneNote casually, and I used IE8 as my default browser (I know Woody thinks I've got rocks in my head), so I'm not of much help, but I do see that there is some fairly tight coupling between OneNote, Outlook and Internet Explorer. It's entirely possible that some of IE is actually being used in the rendering of OneNote displays. And I've looked at the options you have, and don't see any way of configuring it to use another web browser. Hopefully one of the other folks who read this forum will have more experience with it than I.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hah! Is there a European version of OneNote? Maybe that one won't be so tightly coupled with IE !
    Thanks for your update.
    Let's wait & see if anybody else can help.