New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi
    I have a small network with 5 PCs. One of those is a webserver. My netgear router is set to forward port 80 traffic to the web server and that all works just fine, but when I run GRC - Shields Up on the other PCs the results on all say that port 80 is open. Just as a quick test I typed my local IP address into the browser address bar and it came back with a blank page. Now my question is should I be worried that i didnt get the usual 404 error message? All other ports are stealthed.
    Cheers

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    GRC is testing your Web IP address. This is the WAN ip address of your router. Of course when it tests port 80 on the Webfacing address it is open as you have pointed it to your web server. This does not mean that port 80 is opened to each of your workstations.

Just to illustrate this point,

If you turn on remote administration on your router, it will probably open either port 22 or port 443 to the router itself. If you run GRC from any workstation inside your network, it will show these ports open although they are not actually open to the workstation you are running GRC from.

Just as a quick test I typed my local IP address into the browser address bar and it came back with a blank page. Now my question is should I be worried that i didnt get the usual 404 error message?
    This is unrelated to the GRC scan, but is interesting as it might indicate that you have some sort of web service running on your workstation.