2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a folder a structure on a network drive

- Main
    - sub 1
    - sub 2
    - etc...

Under the main folder i have a document that will contain links to the documents in the sub folders. However this WHOLE folder structure will be moved to a USB / CD / other location.

How can I get the links to update automatically?

I have tried adding a hyperlink base - but how to I actualy write this considering the main path might change? of at least what format, the help on google isn't much help telling me i need to enter the file path or add locators!!! is it something along the lines of ///file//main, /main or main/

I have set the Word Options to up date links.

I have tried a test version but just get "cannot open specified file" when I move the whole folder

Any help please

Thanks
    This thread is rather long, so I haven't read it all the way to the end to see what is the latest wisdom, but I do suggest you start here: [topic=670027]Relative Paths in Word Fields (All)[/topic].

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, unfortunatley it isn't actually me who is doing all this work, but a lot of people who still don't even use page breaks and still use tab at the start of each line in a paragaragph to indent it (but thats another story).

However I did try iot on a sample file and it still converted t to absolutes and not realatives, unless I was entering it incorrectly.

it has just converted it to {Hyperlink "file:///\\\jupiter\userdata\user$\michelle.eames\Practice Documents\aa\Linked%2520doc%25201.docx}

Thanks

Michelle