Ever since I loaded IE8 there are some .SWF files that will not play and some flash sites that do not work correctly. I have spent hours trying to research a solution. Just now, I am in desparate need of a sound card driver from Dell. When I go to the driver download site, the page hangs waiting for me to input the Dell Service Code, but I never get the prompt. I have a co-worker with the same machine clone but running IE7 who can get to the prompt.

I am running XP Pro/SP3 with IE 8.0.6001.18702CO, Shockwave Flash Object 9.0.28.0 is enabled. Per the Adobe site, my flash player version is 10.1.1r21. When I clicked the Test Flash Player button, it said I am running 10,0,45,2.

My Internet Zone is set to Medium and has been reset many times. Because of many issues with DEP (including not being able to get to Windows Update), I unchecked the IE Advanced Security setting "Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks".

My DEP setting is "Turn on DEP for essential Windows Programs & Services". (Wish I could remove it altogether).

I welcome any suggestions. BTW, I have already tried an IE8 reset and remove/reinstall.