New Lounger
    Thanks
    At work, there are two of us who have custom Access databases that we created from a model database that came with our pharmacy system and links to ODBC tables on a server. My co-worker who has had her version for 5 years and been through many upgrades of our system, has suddenly begun having trouble with hers. Mine has not had a problem. First, all her links disappeared and we re-linked the tables. She created 15 new queries, ran reports and I am positive she named and saved the queries. Yesterday, all her new queries had disappeared.
    I've looked at the documentation that goes with the pharmacy system and the only thing I see that could have caused it, she's not doing. It says not to name your local database the same as the model report and it says not to put the database in the bin folder. I told her for now to back it up to a thumb drive after she creates her new queries and name it differently so that she can retrieve the queries if it happens again.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    That sounds like your co-worker has a corrupt database, and you should do a compact & repair on it to start with. However, you may want to create an entirely new database from your copy and give that to her.
    Wendell

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it possible that her local version is being copied-down from a version on the server, perhaps when she starts her machine (check the startup folder). I routinely have a .bat file sitting on the server which copies the "master" version of the frontend database (which is already linked) down to the local PC; and I stick a link to this .bat file in the startup folder. This would explain why all her queries are gone, her old db was written-over.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the responses. I'm pretty sure she has a corrupt database. She leaves her database open all the time and leaves her PC on. I'm surprised it hasn't corrupted before now.