New Lounger
    Thanks
    The long and short of it - OK long. Everything was going along fine - slow (dial-up) but fine, until AT&T decided to migrate "worldnet.att.net" to whatever it was they changed to. I then decided I'd had enough of dial-up (can't talk to a tech and fix the computer at the same time), so I went to Verizon and their wireless broadband modem (love it). My problem is I haven't a clue how to get our e-mail, "Outlook Express", set up again, or how to get it to work with our Yahoo and Gmail accounts. I don't know what to enter when it asks for e-mail server names. Also, how many places do I have to input this information (i.e.Internet Connection Wizard, Outlook Express tools,...) We have been limping along with our yahoo and gmail, but trying to contact individuals through their websites, etc is not working. One computer I have has Windows XP on it, and I just got a new laptop with Windows 7. I need help fixing the old one and setting up the new one. Thank you.

Thanks
    You're paying Verizon for tech support. I would call them. There's also a section on their site where they tell you what your account settings should be. I would try that first before calling for help.
    2 desktops: Win XP Pro SP3 / 3 GHZ/3 GB RAM/ Firefox, Thunderbird /
    Open Office

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

Gmail's instructions are here
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/t...en&topic=12805
    Just click on the email client you use and it will take you step by step in setting it up.

And here is Yahoo information. I think you can only use a client with a plus account though.....
    http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/cg/mail/cg_access4.html

You will soon find that you do not have outlook express in 7.