Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    in outlook 2007 how do I BCC a calendar - meeting invite?

Ive the following steps but its after the event. is there anyway I can BCC while creating the meeting invite?

these are the current steps Im performing:
    1. create and save calendar meeting invite
    2. open meeting, goto ribbon Meeting, in Actions group click Forward drop downlist, select Forward as iCalendar
    3. displays email with Bcc..field (Ild already setup my BCC fields with emails)

many thanks

diana
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    in outlook 2007 how do I BCC a calendar - meeting invite?
    There seems to be conflicting advice on this. For starters, see http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/ccmeeting.htm; in a meeting invitation a Resource is the message equivalent of a bcc, and MVP Diane Poremsky confirms that, but specifically states that for the Resource recipients to be hidden from each other you need to specify a Location in that field, and then later remove it. Read all of this thread: http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3793764.php.

Outlook MVP Dmitry Streblechenko, author of Outlook Redemption and OutlookSpy, states in one forum that ALL recipients can see the Resources in a meeting invitation.

So please test for yourself who is correct, using the Location "trick". (I'm not currently in a position to test this for you. Be sure you look at the view on a recipients PC; obviously in your view you can see all resources.)

MVP Sue Mosher suggests it's easier to create the meeting with no Resources (=BCCs), and then Forward it to a BCC list, but I would also test that to be sure it really doesn't expose the BCC's to each other.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've advised my customers to forward the iCalendar to the people as BCC in the email.

Sometimes what seems like a simple request is very complicated in the Microsoft software products.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    many thanks for your responses

We've just migrated from Lotus Notes 7 to Outlook 2007.

Lotus notes had the BCC fields for a calendar invite. The users were expecting the same feature in outlook

Ive done some research and the closest workflow is to forward the iCalendar to the people as BCC in the email.

your right, what seems to be a simple request is complicated & messy to perform in Microsoft

thanks again

diana

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Diana for the confirmation of the only way to send via BCC.

We could compare notes (no pun intended) on the conversion to Outlook 2007. We still have about 100 members to convert. I'm working the help desk and should have recorded the implementation steps to explain to my callers. They all have a copy of the steps but some people need to hear the steps rather than read the steps.

I hope your conversion is going well.