New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am wanting to know if SilverLight actually works with Screen Readers. I have attempted to access a Web site developed with SilverLight 3 using two different Screen Readers, JAWS 11 and NVDA 2.X, with no success. Microsoft MSDN does have a lot of information on how SilverLight is to work, and what developers are to do to make their SilverLight application accessible to Screen Readers, but this is obviously just theory.

My reading to date has revealed that SilverLight 2 did work with JAWS V9 with the JAWS user required to do a number of changes to configuration files. This is counter productive if a visitor to a Site cannot access any information until the edit a configuration file followed by stopping and restarting the Screen Reader.

Any thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Do you know if the web site was developed according to what MSDN says is required for accessibility with Silverlight 3?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    According to the developer, yes. That said, developers with no experience in the accessibility field often say yes when they don't understand the results when accessibility is not properly applied.