4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was trying to help my aunt with her Gmail account. When she clicks on Compose or on a message to reply, it takes a long time for the new window to open. Then, when typing the message, you can get about a line and a half and then it stops. If you continue typing, it will all of a sudden show up and then you can continue for about another line and a half. It doesn't seem to matter if we were using Rich Text or Plain Text, it acted the same way.

Now, here's where it get weird. I also have a Gmail account, so I opened a new window on her computer and brought up my account. Click on Compose or type, everything works just fine.

I compared the Settings on both accounts and they are exactly the same. The only difference I could find between the two accounts was that I am using 0% of my allotted storage and she is using 2%. It doesn't seem like that should make that big of a difference.

She uses Gmail as her primary account, while I use it as my backup.

Anyone ever come across anything like this before? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Gmail internet based account?
    Have her browser settings and internet connection checked.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what settings I would change, since my G-Mail was running fine, in another window, at the same time that hers was running slow.

Thanks
    donebb, access the 'All Mail' folder on Aunty's account and do some spring cleaning.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.