Lounger
    Thanks
    I am a user of Outlook 2007, 12.0.6514.5000 SP2 MSO 12.0.6529.5000.

I have accidentally done something, but I cannot figure out what, that causes the font on MOST incoming e-mails to be so small that I can't read it unless I open up the note and under Other Actions select Zoom and 200%.

Any suggestions? I have looked thru Options and Customize but can't find anything.

Thank you,

Tom

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is it possible you customized the Current View and changed the font settings for AutoPreview (or for the Column and Row Fonts)? My 2007 uses the default which is 8 pt. SegoeUI
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Wendell. In attempting to fix my problem, I changed all 3 of the items you mentioned to Arial/11 some time ago. I just went in and changed them all back to the Seg/8, but the problem remains.

I am puzzled.

I have even thought of reinstalling Outlook.

I have obviously changed something since this is a relatively new phenomenon.

Tom

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSr View Post
    I have accidentally done something, but I cannot figure out what, that causes the font on MOST incoming e-mails to be so small that I can't read it unless I open up the note and under Other Actions select Zoom and 200%.
    Is the small font in the Preview Pane, or the Auto-Preview snippet? Are the problem messages in Plain Text format, or HTML, or Rich Text?

Lounger
    Thanks
    Preview or Reading Pane, located, in my case, at the bottom of the screen.

I don't use Auto Preview, but just tried it and all previews are in small print.

I'm ashamed to say I don't know if it is HTML or TEXT or RICH TEXT. I think HTML. How do I tell?

Thank you,

Tom

Lounger
    Thanks
    In TOOLS/OPTIONS/MAIL FORMAT, HTML is chosen for "Compose in this message format".

Tom

Thanks
    I don't know if it is HTML or TEXT or RICH TEXT. I think HTML. How do I tell?
    Actually, you might not be able to tell until you open the message. Then it should be displayed in parentheses after the message subject at the top of the message window.

Lounger
    Thanks
    You are right. I see it there. It is a mixed bag. I see both types, HTML & Plain Text, and some of each are full-sized fonts and some are small.

Crazy.

Thanks
    You are right. I see it there. It is a mixed bag. I see both types, HTML & Plain Text, and some of each are full-sized fonts and some are small.

Crazy.
    Yes, that's unfortunate. Plain Text should always be all the same size, dictated by your settings. HTML depends on part on the sender's font choices, so those being variable isn't so much of a surprise.