New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've got a new Win7 Professional installation and an Iomega external HDD for backup. No matter whether I use Windows native backup or EMC Retrospect Express HD, the job hangs up during verify. I can see the image and data on the external drive, but the job never completes. Neither application is good about reporting or tweaking, so any thoughts about how to resolve this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Do you have the latest drivers for the ext hdd? It sounds more of a problem with the B/U media rather than the B/U apps. You could always try another B/U app as well. A trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2010 or Macrium Reflect might work.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you have that drive plugged into a usb port directly on the computer? If you have it plugged into a USB hub and that hub is powering down during the backup for some reason, you might see this problem.....

I had a problem like this with using the USB ports on the side of a Dell monitor, When the monitor went into sleep mode it powered down the port and my drive went offline....