New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a user that had some malware on their Win XP computer. I used Malwarebytes to clean it and it removed all the infections and everything looks fine.
    But when the user logs into the computer now they get an error
    Error Loading C:\Windows\...\xxxxxx.dll They are getting 3 different errors for different file names.
    I have searched the registry for the 3 file names and can not find them in the regisrty or a startup folder.
    Any ideas where to look next.

Thanks
    Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Lounge!

The infection most likely damaged or corrupted some vital .dll files. Have you run the system file integrity check? Right click cmd and click run as Administrator and type in sfc /scannow to run the system file integrity scan. If any damaged system files are detected, they should be replace automatically. See if this helps restore things.

If no joy on SFC then you might try a System Restore made just prior to the infection. I would also attempt a Repair Install if System Restore does not pan out.

Hope you have success.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave VanDewerker View Post
    I have a user that had some malware on their Win XP computer. I used Malwarebytes to clean it and it removed all the infections and everything looks fine.
    But when the user logs into the computer now they get an error
    Error Loading C:\Windows\...\xxxxxx.dll They are getting 3 different errors for different file names.
    I have searched the registry for the 3 file names and can not find them in the regisrty or a startup folder.
    Any ideas where to look next.
    What is the full path including filenames?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    C:\Documents and Settings\dave.vandewerker\Local Settings\Application Data\kmsnexsh.dll
    C:\Documents and Settings\dave.vandewerker\Local Settings\Application Data\ayajumvgobo.dll

These are 2 that I have in my notes, the 3rd had a similar name.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Those .dll files look strange. They are probably referenced by some other program being started when your system boots.

Try the free tool Autoruns for Windows. See the Logon tab. You can use this tool to disable or permanently remove items from starting when Windows boots. If there are items that you are unsure of post a screenshot of the Logon tab.

Joe
    Joe