New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been without IPOD access for two and a half years because I deleted my Quicktime files by manually selecting the program name in the Programs Folder and deleting it (OK - that was dumb and I admit it). My error has cost me the ability to go to the Apple site and reinstall Quicktime (necessary to bring up the ITUNES webpage) as I get the error code stating that a previous version is installed and must be removed before the newer version is able to be installed. However, even using the Control Panel to delete Quicktime has not unistalled the program as bits seem to be left behind generating the error message. I am currently considering wiping my entire hard drive and reinstalling all my programs again just to gain access. I have an external hard drive which I can make a Norton-based backup of my files in order to ensure I don't permanently wipe files I desire to keep, though this does seem to be a bit extreme just to gain access to my IPOD again.

I also tried making a copy of the ITUNES program by connecting my IPOD to my additional laptop, but it seems to have only made a new copy which appears to want to wipe the extensive music files I have in the IPOD in favor of the new empty library it created when I installed the program on the laptop computer. I'm not willing to take the chance that all my music and videos on the IPOD will be wiped.

Any help on this would be appreciated—Markyart

Thanks
    I'm not familiar with this problem. You might try the Apple Support forums in case this has been discussed there before.

A more drastic approach might be to use one of the "unisntaller" programs designed to clean up leftovers on disk and in the registry. If you search for threads on "Revo" you can get more information on one of the more frequently mentioned tools. I don't know whether it can selectively target just QuickTime, however.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I did download a program from Microsoft which they recommended to research through the system and then remove extraneous files, but it didn't do the trick. I will try this other option when I have the opportunity and let you know how that goes. Thanks—Mark