New Lounger
    Thanks
    When receiving appointments Outlook is not placing the item in my calendar as Tentative. I've tried going to Tools--Options--Preferences-- email options-- tracking options-- and selected the Process request on arrival and selected process receipts on arrival unfortunately this did not work. Any ideas? During a busy search people can't tell if I am "tentatively" available. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari H View Post
    When receiving appointments Outlook is not placing the item in my calendar as Tentative. I've tried going to Tools--Options--Preferences-- email options-- tracking options-- and selected the Process request on arrival and selected process receipts on arrival unfortunately this did not work. Any ideas? During a busy search people can't tell if I am "tentatively" available. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Need some clarifications. Automatic Resource Scheduling in 2003 does not have a tentative option, the options are either accept or decline. When you automatically accept, do those meetings show on your Calendar? (Note: only if the meeting originator sent the invitation as Tentative will the automatically accepted meeting show in your calendar as Tentative.)

When you are NOT using Automatic Resource Scheduling, are you accepting the meetings as Tentative or are you letting the invitations sit in your mailbox so you see them as Tentative in your Calendar? If the latter;
    1. I believe the meetings do not show to others viewing your availability because they are not publishable to the Exchange server until processed by you, and
    2. If you delete the invitation or move it to another folder than the Inbox, you will no longer see the invitation as tentative in your Calendar (the Outlook "sniffer" only looks in your default Inbox, see http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/...ointments.aspx).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS