Star Lounger
    Thanks

2000/98 Windows Macro --> Run on Mac? (2000/98)

I've written a large set of macros, which include UserForms. Works fine on Windows, since I wrote it in Windows. However, when I try to run it on a Mac, I get an automation error upon UserForm.Show. Any insight on a common solution for this? Does it have something to do with the Mac not having a certain library? I'm hoping there's a Mac user out there. I've posted my Macro here:

http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~liuke/woody.xls

It's a bit over 500k.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2000/98 Windows Macro --> Run on Mac? (2000/98)

It's probably your Image controls. See <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q183/0/84.ASP>Q183084</A> --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sam, sounds just like my problem. I'll try it out. Do you think BMPs would work? Otherwise I'll just scrap the images.. sigh.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Kevin, your images are very nice; I'd hate to scrap them. I'd try a single userform to see if it bombs and then switch to a BMP. MS dosn't include BMP in the forbidden image list. Sorry I can't try it out: it's too hard to get to the one Mac that we have. By the way, hopefully you don't want to run it on the web, because it gave an error message with IE 6.0 on a Win2000/5.0 machine at the very beginning with the the line Application.DisplayFullScreen = True. Hope you get it working! --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sammy, thanks a lot for your help. I made all the images BMPs and removed some Windows-specific code and it does work on Macs now. And no, I don't plan on having it run from the web. The silly department wants it distributed on FLOPPY DISKS. And who's going to make those disks? ME!

Again Sammy, thanks a lot. This board has saved my butt MORE than once. I'd estimate about 20 times.