New Lounger
    Thanks
    Brand new out of the box, touch screen, HDTV with Windows 7 Home.

I immediately clean-installed Windows 7 Ultimate. The PC seems to be working fine, except that Media Center does not see the TV tuner.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi John,

Have you looked in Control Panel | System | Device Manager to confirm that it sees the TV tuner? If it is listed, right click to check properties, and look under Device status to confirm it reports to be working properly.

Is the TV tuner one that you added to your PC or did it come with it already installed? Either way, you may want to check the tuner manufacturer's web site for new versions of the driver, and you particularly want to confirm the drivers are the ones needed for Windows 7.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    I do not believe the Vaio has a TV tuner directly from Sony. Perhaps I'm wrong but none of mine did. If this is an aftermarket, check with the manufacturer for the latest drivers. Obsolete or corrupt drivers cause many of the problems we see with aftermarket hardware.

Which model Vaio did you get, if an aftermarket TV tuner, which manufacturer and model?
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your prompt replies. I think you might be right about drivers. The original Sony OS was 64-bit; my Ultimate upgrade was 32-bit.

I assume it has a TV tuner because the Sony advertised it as being able receive HDTV.

Device Manager has flagged four items under Other Devices: Base System Device, Multimedia Video Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, Touchscreen. Update attempts for these drivers for these devices were not successful.

Thanks
    The Sony Style site does not list a TV Tuner as a default built in on their Vaio series laptops. I suspect your does not as well. In the past I have read somewhere that the Vaio series is able to receive HD TV with add on TV Tuners. I can not for the life of me find it now. I believe the series allows HDMI connection to a monitor when configured with an add on TV Tuner to receive signals. I would go to the Sony Style site I have included, under support and plug in your model number to recheck specifications for you laptop.

The Sony Style site listed may also solve the problems you are seeing with device manager as all the latest apps and drivers are available for your specific model at this support site.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy